Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is stupid...unless your husband gets you roses, an hour massage, AND takes you to dinner! Andy and I really do not like the holiday, but you can't not celebrate it. I am only suppose to get a rose for every year we've been together, but I must be really special this year because I got a dozen....but I ruined the surprise....I wasn't suppose to be home when he walked in. It was still a great surprise! Aren't they pretty?
It just seems wrong that babies this age eat their toes...I guess it's fine since they aren't walking, still just seems wierd? This will probably be the only time that Tanner is this flexible.

Hi Mom, I love the avacado's you made me! Nothing like him wiping the food ALL over his face. If I haven't mentioned it before, I make Tanner's baby food. It is really easy, just steam, purree, freeze in a ice cube tray, then put in plastic baggies in the freezer after they are frozen. I love doing it, it is cheaper than baby food, and you get more variety!






I swear I do not just put my child in front of the TV....He does watch some Sesame Street occasionally. I just thought this was cute him playing with his feet watching some Elmo. Oh and if anyone needs an idea for a cranky 6/7 month old, just pop in a Baby Einstein video and magically they are mesmorized.....
I am a single Mom this week..Andy is out of town. I give huge kudos to single parents, it is hard to be a parent in general...but to do it by yourself is incredibly hard. For those of you out there, the sacrifice you give daily to be a good parent...the time, the effort, God bless you.
Is it springtime yet?






1 comment:

  1. i need one of those video's.. and PRONTO! Al is the crabbiest 6 month old he's ever been right now. Pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete