Sunday, February 8, 2009

All of a sudden......weddings!

The part about weddings at the post is at the bottom because I am blogger stupid and cannot figure out how to get it at the top! Read on my friends.... I know it's like a week late, but here is a dinner picture from Andy's birthday night. I didn't burn anything, so that's a plus. Yummy ribs, twice baked potatoes, and baked beans....okay at least I thought it was yummy. All Andy's favs...Then we kicked butt in Wii bowling, not as fun as the real thing, but pretty close.
Tanner rolling, rolling, rolling.....into everything.

Mr. man paused for a minute, to SIT UP BY HIMSELF!


Then proceeded to rolling, rolling, rolling...BAM right into the chair. P.S. He cannot roll the other way, so he gets stuck, hence the crying, please help me face.



This is such an exciting time. Three of my closest girlfriends are getting married! One is getting married in April, one in May, and one next New Years Eve. I am so happy for my friends.... they are so happy. These girls deserve good guys....which they've gotten. They each have their own story, Rebecca and her fiance are high school sweethearts, Shelta met her love in Texas where she moved to :(, and Holly met her newly engaged fiance here in Kansas City. I enjoy sitting back and seeing their relationships develop, and me knowing how it will end up, or at least guessing. Each celebration is going to be so different, just as they are....and I can't wait for each one.
On a different note, sadder note, work is hard. I know work is hard for anyone, but for me....a pediatric nurse (if you didn't know) it has been difficult lately. When I came back to work after having Tanner, I was a different nurse. First off, it was hard to come back, but I told myself those kids needed me like Tanner did, but just in a different way. After having been a patient in a hospital I really appreciated the amazing nurses that took care of me and how the little things meant the most. Also, I was a Mom now and could completely put myself in these parents' shoes. So back to work....it seems like we've had a lot of sick kids and sad cases. It just breaks my heart, I want to do more...my heart aches for these kids. I left the other day crying. I used to be good at seperating myself, but I'm not so good anymore. Sometimes I think it would be easier if I didn't know all these sick kids existed, to be naive. Well I do, and I'm not. I can't fix all the kids...I can't keep them all safe....and of course I can't take them home with me. I'm so lucky, blessed, whatever you want to call it that I have a healthy baby boy. So the moral of this story is kiss your kids, love your kids, and thank God that they are happy, healthy, and safe.








No comments:

Post a Comment