Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sometimes there are no words

My Dear Aunt Becky lost her battle with cancer last Wednesday. Thank God she didn't suffer for a long time, and was surrounded by people that loved her at her home that she loved. My Mom and her parents did not make it to be with her before she passed, but did get a chance to love on her and say good-bye. Like my title, there are no words to describe the sadness we feel. I feel sad that she was taken from us too soon, I feel sad for my Uncle and cousin, Emma.

We celebrated the amazing woman she was over the weekend in Arizona with a celebration of life ceremony. It was at the gym of the school that she worked at for over a decade. It was PERFECT, her beautiful pictures, flowers from loved ones, homeade crafts from some of her kids, and you could just feel Her. There were hundreds of people that loved her there. Her daughter, my cousin, Emma chose several of her closest friends and family to talk about her, and then it was opened up for other people to talk if they wanted to. Each person had incredible things to say about her, funny and touching stories, and how special she made them feel. I felt lucky to have known her, lucky to have loved her. Please keep her husband and her daughter in your thoughts and prayers, as this continues to be very hard for them. Tanner, Kamryn, Trey, and Katie feeding the ducks
The Keilbey family pool....in the 100 degree heat.

The celebration of Becky's life continues at a party in her honor at her house.


The "Outlaws"...see the circle above their heads, it's the only picture that it's in...she was there with us that day.



My Dear Aunt Becky, how I and so many others will miss you so!
I love you!





1 comment:

  1. Allison I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. Your Aunt Becky sounded like a very special woman who was loved by many. Your family is in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete