Thursday, March 5, 2009

Random thoughts...

So, I have been thinking the last couple days about the c word....cancer. It has effected my life in many ways, and I think most people have had some part of their life effected by it also. Right now, my lovely Aunt is stricken with recurrent breast cancer (I love you) and we are hoping for good news in a week or so, a woman I used to work with is fighting for her life as we speak (you can check out her blog on the bottom of my page), my Grandmother-in-law (is that a word?) has been living with it for awhile now. That is just at this time, I have lost people I loved to this awful disease. Most of the time it seems so painful, and slow..it is so hard on not only the people that have it but the people that love them and care about them. It also seems like when anyone gets some wierd sickness, their mind immediately goes to..."is it the c word"? It seems like everything causes cancer...and all of this research money and it seems like we are making baby steps. So if you get a second today, pray for these people, all people that have cancer, and the people that love them...

I read this post the other day that made me think about my own life and relationship with God. Do you ever feel stuck between doing what is right or living how God would want you to, and feeling selfish? Sometimes I feel like I don't do enough for all the wonderful things God has done for me, and all my blessings. I do not go to church every Sunday, I do not do everything that I could for God and the church. It makes me feel stuck in between. I like Coach purses, and sort of crazy expensive jeans...but do I give enough to God? I pray all the time, but I do not read the Bible. But I know doing good in God's eyes is everywhere...when I hold the door for an older person, when you are honest, when you are thoughtful, etc. These are the things that go through my mind....maybe it's just me?
My little man, helping me cook dinner in the kitchen.
My men...spending some quality time playing together..

Posing for a quick picture.


So, who would have thought we would get like 4 inches of snow in the end of February when we didn't get much snow all winter? Had to drag Tanner out in his cute little snow suit (don't worry it was only for like 2 minutes)....
Okay randomness by Allison is over....




No comments:

Post a Comment