Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A New Year, A New Blog




My first official blog, so this one might take me awhile until I get the hang of this. I finally decided to make one after awhile for multiple reasons. One being that people can look at what our family is up to without having to bug them with pictures (if they don't want them), and two for a sort of journal of our life, thoughts, and stories. Here we go....

So I'm assuming you know us, but for those of you who need a refresher.....I married this amazing man, Andy, in October 2006. We have a great (though sometimes frustrating) dog named Cooper. We added to our family in July 2008 with our little man, Tanner. We love being parents more than we could have imagined, and our journey brings us to funny stories more often than not.

So I unofficially make New Years resolutions each year, most of which I don't share...until now, I guess. P.S. These are in no certain order.




  • Enjoy every single moment with my son and family, as life is too short and every moment is a blessing.


  • Talk to God daily. Develop my relationship with God even further than I feel like it has come this past year.


  • Try to be more patient.


  • Put my husband #1 and continue to work hard at what a great marriage we already have.


  • Try to be the best Mom possible for Tanner, but don't feel guilty as I am not perfect.


  • Don't try to do everything, if the house is a little dirty life will not end, family time is more important.


  • Have a date night with my husband at least once a month.


  • Try to hang out with couple friends more often.


  • Try to be a better nurse to my #2 kids (the kids at the hospital), they need me as much as Tanner, just in a different way.


  • Give more - time or money or anything, to charities and the less fortunate.


  • Not be so hard on myself.


  • Oh and what everyone has on their list, work out.


Great, I feel good about this first blog. Welcome to.....our little piece of the world.

4 comments:

  1. oh i am so excited that you decided to do a blog!!! I love reading it already.
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cute blog, Allison!

    I'm terrible at N.Y.'s resolutions, but all of yours sound great! Just don't forget to praise yourself for all of the things you already have accomplished with your life and family! :) Hope to see you this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it but I will say if I have to read this to find something out ... you will be in trouble... Trey & Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow facebook now a blog....when can i make my debut on your "blog"

    ReplyDelete